Accessibility statement for the Govdown website.
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- code chunks aren’t read verbatim by screen reader software, for example punctuation is sometimes not read
- code chunks are not highlighted when they receive focus
- all pages have the same page title
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 7 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, email email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Government Digital Service is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on the 2nd of October, 2019. The test was carried out by the Government Digital Service.
We tested every page of the website, available at https://ukgovdatascience.github.io/govdown.
You can read the full accessibility test report.
When we wrote and updated this statement
This statement was prepared on the 2nd of October, 2019. It was last updated on the 2nd of October, 2019.